Tickets to the Pitman Garden Tour are now available at the library! Tickets are $10 a piece. The Garden Tour is June 12th from 11 am to 4 pm. The rain date is June 13th at the same time.
Starting May 19th, the McCowan Library will be operating without capacity restrictions. This means the following for our patrons:
- Masks and social distancing will still be required inside the building.
- Our Craft and Story Time programs will continue to be held in Ballard Park for the summer. In the case of inclement weather, the programs will be held inside in the Community Room. Due to social distancing requirements, the library reserves the right to limit the number of people who can be in the Community Room on these occasions.
- More seating will be made available to the public inside the building.
- Group meeting rooms will be available again. Groups meeting in our Local History Room must be limited to 10 people or less.
- Curbside service will still be available to those who who do not wish to enter the building. See below for more information.
For those who do not wish to enter the library, curbside pickup will continue! Here is how it will work:
You can place material requests by calling us at 856-589-1656 or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
social media anytime.
· We will let you know when the material is available.
· Call us when you are outside the library and we will run it out to you.
Attention McCowan Memorial Library Patrons:
In the interests of honoring our responsibilities to our
patrons in the face of the Coronavirus, we have made the decision to suspend
the checkout of our Museum Passes effective immediately. The pass program will resume at some point yet to be determined.
LOVE OUR LIBRARY!!!....The"Friends of the Library" invite you to become
a member and support McCowan Memorial Library in 2019. The "Friends"
engage in fundraising to financially assist the library, paying for performers and programs, supporting the summer reading program,
children's programming, furniture and books that the library might
otherwise not be able to afford. A great way to give back to your community. Checks are made payable to Friends of
McCowan, 15 Pitman Ave. Pitman, NJ 08071
Do You Belong to a Book Club? Try our Book Club in a
Bag......12 books, book log, discussion questions included. Check out
period is 8 weeks. Titles available:
; ?>; ?>; ?>
- "The Room" by Emma
- "Amen, Amen, Amen" by Abby
- "Little Bee" by Chris
- "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de
- "The Curious Incident of the
Dog in the Nighttime" by Mark Haddon
- "The Art of Racing in the
Rain" by Garth Stein
- "Extremely Loud and
Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer
- "Me Before You" by JoJo Moyes
- "A Man Called Ove" by Fredrik Backman
- "Behind Closed Doors" by B.A. Paris
- "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
- "Where the Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens
- "Before We Were Yours" by Lisa Wingate
titles available at GCLS. Call 856-589-1656 for more