Stating Friday, March 19th, the McCowan Memorial
Library will be operating at 50% capacity.
Here is what that will mean for our patrons:
Limited seating will be available in our public
Restrooms will be available again (patrons are
reminded that our restrooms are cleaned weekly, and we do not have the ability
to clean them after each use- so use at your own risk).
Social distancing will still be required.
Masks will be required inside the library at all
times, even if you are vaccinated.
We continue to strongly recommend the use of
hand sanitizer when you enter then building.
NO in-person Story Time and Craft programs
unless weather permits us to hold them outside.
NO meeting rooms or group gatherings at this
For those who do not wish to enter the library, curbside pickup will continue! Here is how it will work:
You can place material requests by calling us at 856-589-1656 or via email (email@example.com) and
social media anytime.
· We will let you know when the material is available.
· Call us when you are outside the library and we will run it out to you.
Attention McCowan Memorial Library Patrons:
In the interests of honoring our responsibilities to our
patrons in the face of the Coronavirus, we have made the decision to suspend
the checkout of our Museum Passes effective immediately. The pass program will resume at some point yet to be determined.
Courtesy of the Friends of McCowan Memorial Library, the following museum passes are available:
of Natural Sciences
State Discovery Museum
- American History Museum at Deptford NJ
- Museum of the American Revolution
- The Mutter Museum New!!
- Penn Museum of Archeology and Anthropology New!!
LOVE OUR LIBRARY!!!....The"Friends of the Library" invite you to become
a member and support McCowan Memorial Library in 2019. The "Friends"
engage in fundraising to financially assist the library, paying for performers and programs, supporting the summer reading program,
children's programming, furniture and books that the library might
otherwise not be able to afford. A great way to give back to your community. Checks are made payable to Friends of
McCowan, 15 Pitman Ave. Pitman, NJ 08071
Do You Belong to a Book Club? Try our Book Club in a
Bag......12 books, book log, discussion questions included. Check out
period is 8 weeks. Titles available:
- "The Room" by Emma
- "Amen, Amen, Amen" by Abby
- "Little Bee" by Chris
- "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de
- "The Curious Incident of the
Dog in the Nighttime" by Mark Haddon
- "The Art of Racing in the
Rain" by Garth Stein
- "Extremely Loud and
Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer
- "Me Before You" by JoJo Moyes
- "A Man Called Ove" by Fredrik Backman
- "Behind Closed Doors" by B.A. Paris
- "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
- "Where the Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens
- "Before We Were Yours" by Lisa Wingate
titles available at GCLS. Call 856-589-1656 for more
; ?>; ?>